Monday, 22 February 2016

The Cartoon Museum, London WC1


I took my 13 year old daughter with me when I visited the Cartoon Museum for the first time a few days ago and we both loved it.

It's tiny but it's packed full of comics and artwork, some of which date back hundreds of years but also much that is contemporary. I think my daughter's favourite thing was an animation of Simon's Cat running on a loop, I had to drag her away after watching many repeats. Then she had to drag me away from the Heath Robinson artwork.

Until 16 April the main exhibition is the cartoons of Martin Honeysett and then from 20 April to 17 July it will be The Great British Graphic Novel. They also run workshops for children and adults. Plus there is a great bookshop and the kind of things on sale that you used to find advertised in comic books such as fake teeth and hand buzzers so make sure to take your pocket money.

For information about the museum visit www.cartoonmuseum.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment